Thursday, January 3, 2013

Breaking Down in a Catering Truck



 

Today was a good day.
It started rocky but it was all really enjoyable given the circumstance.
I spent the morning with my Ike and his sister.
My Ike works as a catering truck driver going around feeding local businesses.
He is working yet I go along for the ride and support. Hey I have nothing else to do might has well.
His sister was with us. Yes three people crammed in the truck. Pretty great and warm for this cold weather we are currently having.
So begins our day to feed the people.
However, we get into the truck and this is what we hear from Ike
Boy: Today is going to be a bad day. I bad bad day.
Girl (me): why??
Boy: reads aloud the red light "Battery not charging. Battery not charging"
So there began our half hour drive in a truck with a battery not charging.
This drive was actually really funny considering we broke down.
We had a battery pack that refused to charge the car.
So basically I figured out it was the alternator no charge typically means alternator is messed up. I've had three fails on me over the years.
So while driving I tell him go to the left lane.
Being man doesn't.
Truck fails. And we have to move over without a signal in a truck with no back window
Gosh that was fun
So yeah we sit there and then help comes and fixes the problem.
We were so late. But it was great. Everything was handled really well and there was NO freaking out!
Honestly, I was very pleased.
Two hours later we are back on track and things went well.
Got to spend time with my almost sister and spend time with my love.
Good day today.
Now after being up since 3AM I Can't wait for bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment