Saturday, May 4, 2013

True Friends

Day 4
    True friends

Recently I have learned a lot about friendships and what a real friend means. I have learned that friends are always friends. No matter what. No matter the distance or the time if its a real true friendship you will always be friends.
 

Although we like to believe our friends are always there for us when we need them most its not true and I have learned that is okay. It is okay for your best friends to move away and leave, make their own lives for themselves. It took time for me to understand this and accept that this is life. We can't always be there for each other.
 

Last year I went through a pretty bad break up and I felt extremely alone and unable to function most of the time.  None of my closes friends were around at the time. Some didn't even make that much of an effort to make sure I was really okay. I was resentful and mad but then over time I just realized they weren't trying to hurt me on purpose. Through communication and time invested I was able to speak with my friends and we all understood it wasn't meant to be selfish or hurtful.
 

To me a friend is someone who you can go months to years without seeing and still pick up the phone or or get a quick cup of coffee and bullshit like there was never any distance to begin with. 

This entry is for my great friend Caroline. Time never Changes what we are to each other. 


No comments:

Post a Comment