Monday, May 20, 2013

day 20

Today is all about struggles.

First off, this blogging every day IS a big struggle. I am failing miserably. I feel awful, I think about it and be like I should blog but then I don't, Or I am just not sitting at a computer. Yeah I can blogg from my phone but its a bit of a pain. After much thought I have decided I will make this challenge last longer then may. I will continue to work on blogging everyday for a month untill I complete a full month of blogging. I believe I can do this!

Lastly, this is main reason I have been away for quite a few days I have been on a hunt looking for a kitten. Back in March my grandmother requested me to find her a kitten. Now I LOVE cats and KITTENS! Kittens are my favorite and they have not had a kitten in there house like ever. It always made me sad to go to grandparents and not have kitty to play with. So when I was instructed to find her a kitten I jumped at the opportunity! So I drove in thinking it would take days a week at most.

I went straight to Craigslist to find a kitten because was  that was the only place I could find them. Well, it turned out what I thought would be easy was actually one of the biggest challenges and most emotional as every. The process was endless. First off, there was the payment issue. We wanted a free kitten and or inexpressive. $25 seemed reasonable considering these kittens were free for the owner and they didn't usually have to do much work. So we had to turned away from those kittens. Lastly, my grandma wanted a baby! Like 4-6wks. young I Know but she has dogs and wanted to kitten to know it sooner rather then later. Effecting the options of getting a kitten,

After searching for a month, I finally got a sure thing call back about a kitten and they were only 25 which seemed reasonable. They had just been born So I had to wait a few weeks before they were ready. Called my gram, she was happy and excited. waited a few days and checked in and did not hear back . so I waited   called again. Got nothing. Then made my  mom call and found out some elderly lady would take the liter. So I lost my kitten. She was going to be an orange kitty her name would have been Tilly. Since I was getting the kitten my grandma allowed me to name her. Oh and the kitten had to be a female. Yup that added to difficulty of finding a kitten.

Now we meet what would have been Samantha, So after been let down I found another person who called back., Middle of April they were born. So had to go back to waiting again for the kitten to be ready. These were blue Russians. Now they were for sure going to be a definite. I had been calling and checking in hearing positive things. I wanted to take them at 4 weeks and give it to my gram for mothers day buttt didn't want to take her too soon. So I waited one more week. I was told everyone was going the next week on Friday So I said a few more days and it will be okay. Alllll week I was excited and looking forward to this. Went to get an address Thursday Only to find out that they were gone! My kitten was gone!!  The landlord found out about them and they had to go and she lost my number. I was so upset I felt like dying. Here I was almost three months later A day away from finally bringing my gram her kitten and I had nothing. I cried for two day.

Back to craigslist I went. I was so mad!! I couldn't handle it. I felt like I knew what it was like to go through adoption with children. Its terrible and rips you apart.


So over the weekend I was determined.to find a kitten. I was getting one!  I was orignally going to get everything for gram as a gift along with the kitten. However, I found out she already had everything. Soooo. from that point on money didn't matter! We upped our budget my mom and I. I found a family who had kittens and they were $40 which is wayyy more then I wanted to buy. But I needed the kitten search to be over! So I drove with a friend over an hour sitting in traffic to get a kitten. Then waiting for the people to show up for another hour and a half.

Finally they show up in their little blue car. We made the exchange and I finally had a kitten! After THREE long Long LONG Months We had a kitten!!! I was so happy I could cry! To make it even better I got to hold the kitten the whole way home. Icing to the cake was my gram had no idea she was finally getting her kitten! I wanted it to be a complete and total surprise  and it WAS! She was sooo Happy!!

Now meet little Miss Stella Rose!


So Shy! "who are these people? Meow?!"





He is the cat wispier! Stella loves papa! 









No comments:

Post a Comment