Thursday, September 12, 2013

Changing through Blogging.

September 12: Discuss ways that blogging or social media has changed you.

As of right now the personal changed have been minimal. This is probably do to that fact that I have only just started blogging this year. I am still learning everything their is to blogging and how social media can effect the way I blog.

I always wanted to write  and share my thoughts. I remember a few years back I wanted to blog but I had no idea where to start or even how to get followers. At the time I just kind of put blogging on the back burner. Until, this year, I just felt my mind was going into over load. I had all these ideas, thoughts, and feelings that need a place. I felt writing them down in my journal wasn't good enough I needed them  to be seen by others.

In January I started to search for blogs that I found interested to get an idea of how I should write and present this blog. I remember going through a few dozen blogs and none of them really grabbed my attention. I wasn't feeling inspired. Somehow, through many blog add-ons I came across Jenni's blog Story of My Life. I seriously became obsessed with her story. It also helped that I was immediately sent to her love story portion of her blog. I spent weeks reading through her blog and from there I was inspired to write and get my voice out there. For me her blog was most relatable  . I felt a very deep connection with her writing and Jenni.

Originally this blog was going to be about my over-active imagination in comparison to my real life. Hence the Fantasy part of my  blog. I do believe in time I will eventually go into more detail but for now I am just working on on finding my voice. I thought back in may I had found my style of writing but I think that was  just the beginning. Plus after May I kind of took a long step back from blogging. This is something I need focus on because I do care about blogging and sharing my thoughts. I just have to get in the habit of writing here instead o f in my journal.

I love the monthly challenges because they help me to focus and come up with good topics to talk about. They keep me grounded and forced to write. I love that this challenge comes with a share button. I can feel a change in my writing I am becoming more a where of what I want to write and how I should write. I see myself really  investing my time in each post and trying very hard not to rush this. Rushed post make for a difficult read. Where as allowing myself time to process I can allow myself to come up with some good writing.

Lastly I will admit the biggest change is I am slowly getting over my fear of allowing my facebook friends to read my post. I know the only way to be seen is to share. I feel I am gaining confidence in my writing  and learning its not a crime if people you know and see your writing.

For now this is all I will share. I think one the one year mark I will come back to the topic and write again. I hope to see More Positive changes in myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment