Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Reality check Grow up

Tuesday, September 10: Describe a distinct moment when your life took a turn.

Right now my life is at a crossroads. This year I graduated from college thinking things would get easier. I thought I would have a job/real life by now. Yeah, that didn't happen. I basically spent my summer relaxing trying to figure out who I am and where I want to be in my life. I applied to a few places and have had no luck. For a while I just kind of gave up.

Labor day weekend was kind MY reality check. Seriously, what the fuck am I doing with MY life? We found out my boyfriend's brother is having a baby with his fiance. WOW new flash! They are even getting married.

Well, here is a little known fact about me. I have always wanted a little family of my own. I wanted the married life young. I wanted to be married and in the process of having a kid by the time I was 24. Today I am 24, and NOWHERE near ready for that kind of a commitment. Even after 5 years. Eventually but right now our lives are not even close to being ready.  

It was like a punch in the heart. I am going to be honest, I pretty much went home and cried the whole night....I just felt so sad because I looked at my life and realized I really have nothing going for myself. I have no job, No money, and no real foundation.

I decided right after hearing the news I need to get my life together. I need to be the mature 24 year old women I thought I would be. I realized I need to grow up and figure out my life. I can't get what I want by siting on my ass living through the eyes of others. I need to create my life. I need to make it a good one worth sharing.

Today, I end this post with my three goals this year, and for the coming years. 
           Get a job. At this point any job will do! I need money!!
           Its a dream I have decided to attempt. Get into an acting class.
           Have a family of my own.

I have many dreams and goals I want to achieve and this post is just the start of my beginning.
           

No comments:

Post a Comment