Tuesday, September 24, 2013

The Lucky One

So I am a bit late on this post. However, I am still going to count it. Just technically means I will post twice tomorrow with is today.

"She was struck by the simple truth that sometimes 
the most ordinary things could be made 
EXTRAORDINARY 
simply by doing them with the 
right people"
Nicholas Sparks

Some of my favorite Books are Nickolas Sparks. I absolutely love this stories. Last Summer I found a First edition copy of THE LUCKY ONE at goodwill for $2! To me it was like the best thing ever to have a first edition even though its not that big of deal I thought it was GREAT!

At first, when the movie came out I thought I'll read the book first then see the movie. However, due to school, I ended up skipping out on the whole things. I like reading books and coming up with my own pictures of the characters and scenery before seeing the movie.

Four months later I am in goodwill with Michael and I stumble on the book. I thought I must get it now its only two bucks! Thinking to myself I probably won't read you just yet. Well I was wrong Two days Later I was glued to the book. I spend about a week reading it. I am a slow reader because I REALLY like to take the whole story in. I like to get caught up and stay there for as long as possible. I swear the story is so much better when you take time to really grasp everything the author is trying to say.

Things I learned from THE Lucky ONE
          Take time to really listen to someone and give them the chance to talk. Learning this really hit me hard because I catch myself often not listening as much as I should and trying to help fix them. Sometimes people just need to be heard.
           Our everyday life is not bad at all. We shouldn't get mad over the littlest things in life. Example the Waitress forgot your drink. Don't get all Asswhole like. Just be nice and politely reminder her. People are fighting a war right now. Risking there lives everyday for us to sit in that restaurant and have that drink. Be kind.
           To love and be honest with people. Be nice and open yourself up.
            Maybe take a walk across the states with your nothing but a backpack and your dog.




2 comments:

  1. I love Sparks! He was just in town this past week doing a book signing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my Gosh Did you get to meet him? He is amazing and I just love his writing. I've been hoping he will come to CT soon! I typically think autographs are cheesy But I would loveeeee to have my book signed. lol

      Delete