Thursday, September 5, 2013

Open Mind Open Heart

Day 3. Pass on some useful advice or information you learned and always remembered. 
~Be open minded with everything and more specifically every person you meet~
For Christine and Norman


I say this because to many people are quick to judge, quick to disregard an idea or a person. In this situation I am talking about people. Human are naturally leveling themselves up to one and other. We think of ways we are better then someone else whether it be out of jealousy, insecurity, or just being ignorant. We all want the best for our loved ones and sometimes we don't agree with THEIR LIFE choices or people they choice to include in THEIR lives. 

People want the best for their children. However, when your 24 year old daughter has been with the same guy for 8 years, it might be time you take a step back. Open your mind and your heart because this Man is the ONE. My best friend has been in a bi-racial relationship for the past 8 years. High school sweethearts! Her dad has never liked or agreed to the relationship because he was Black! :(  As result, the relationship was kept from her father. Until recently, when they decided to move forward in there relationship. "Time to tell Daddy"....well he was not okay with it and at this point has pushed his daughter away almost completely.

I cannot help but be so sadden by this situation. I met Norman my freshman year of high school and immediately he became one of my best friends. He is the most loyal, sincere, and  generous friend I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Norman has always been there for me when I needed a friend or a big scary black man to save me from a possible Craig's list creeper. What I love Most about Norman is he treats my best girlfriend right! For the last 8 years he has been a dedicated boyfriend to Christine. In 8 years they have never broken up, never left each other and NEVER cheated. They have a real connection and love each other to death.  Who wouldn't want a good guy like Norman for their daughter. 

Why can't you be as happy for her as I am...?

Today's advice stop judging people and get to know someone. Open your mind and heart because you never know who you are missing out on knowing or even loving. Just because he is black doesn't mean he isn't good enough for you daughter. He is the best for your daughter. 

Just because you are black doesn't mean you have no future. 
Just because you have Tattoos and Piercing doesn't make you scum. 


Love this Picture

No comments:

Post a Comment