Wednesday, September 25, 2013

I've made many

I've mad many many many mistakes


Let's go back to when I was eight and wanted to have something awesome to bring to show and tell.
Every year we have morning doves come in and lay eggs under our deck. I remember I used to come in every day and check on the birds through the crack in the wood. It was one my favorite things to do watch the birds come lay eggs and wait till they hatched. Then watch the little birds grow.

One year I decided I wanted the nest because that was the coolest thing to me. Being little I did not realize I was taking the birds home.
On this day I had been certain there was no birds living in the nest I hadn't seen any activity. No birds, no eggs I was in the clear. So I took a stick and moved the nest out of the shelve it was sitting in. Drop!

My heart stops and I feel this sick ill feeling of sheer pain in my tummy and I regret the whole thing wishing with all my heart I hadn't just done that. It turn out the nest was in fact housing the birds.
All I see is the blue cracked eggs, embryo and little tiny baby birds that were living in the eggs. I had just kill these poor baby birds that had never had a chance. The whole nest of eggs was cracked and gone.

I was so ashamed of myself I felt terrible. "What had I just done?!" I wished so badly that hadn't done it. I felt so selfish, hurt, and just hated myself. I took the nest and ended up hiding it in the trash and ran inside. I sat in the bathroom thinking over the whole thing and just feeling terrible.

I'm eight years old and just can't understand this feeling. I didn't even want to tell my mom cause it was horrible. But I needed some advice and guidance.,I cried to her and told her everything.

She was very sweet and held me close and told me sometimes accidence happen. And it would be okay. She then told me how she too accidentally ran over a nest with the lawn mower. Although thinking back she might have just said it to make me feel better it did. It helped me recover from the guilt I felt.

I love birds more than anything and to this day I still feel the regret and shameful feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment