Friday, September 6, 2013

Yellow Lights and Motorcyles

Friday, September 6: A story about a time you were very afraid

 Summer of 2011 I was going through a difficult time. I was babysitting 35 hours a week long days, 8AM-7PM for a family of 5 kids 2 of them were teenage girls. While, also attending summer classes 2 days a week 12PM-4PM. The only day of rest Sunday. I seriously wanted to die by the end of the summer. To make matter worse my bf and I broke up during this time.  Summer 2011 was one of the depressing times of my life. It was hell trying to get through each day and having to deal with children just made for a very cranky sad Dannielle. I would come home at night sad and annoyed at everything and everyone.

Friday July 2, 2011
  The day from hell. It was the end of the week and all I wanted to go was home. On this particular day I was driving everywhere. To add stress to equation I had a mountain of Laundry to do for the family. Oh and did I mention one of the teens and I were having a terrible day together. Its 6:30PM and I had A HALF hour left. Then I was free for 10 hours before I had to be back the next morning. Before my temporary release I had to drive the 2 younger kids to a sleep over. I forced the older sister to come with me because she was my friend and I needed to vent.

After dropping the two little ones off we are driving home and we are ALMOST THERE!!!! TWO MILES AWAY FROM HOME!!!
WAMMM! CRASH! BANG! We get into a car accident!!! I will never forget that day. I was driving the family's car with the oldest daughter and we hit Not a car but a MAN on A Motor cycle!! Mother  Hell to the Lord. Really?!?! I have never in my whole life been so afraid.  We were okay and shockingly so was the car. I felt terrible and at that moment convinced I had just killed a man!
Thankfully I did not, he was badly banged up though. It turned out we were both at fault. A witness said it looked like he hit me. Bikes don't break well and he had to have been speeding because I did not see him over the hill before the light. But, I was still at some fault because I failed to yield at a yellow light. It was an unfamiliar intersection I did not realize how the lights worked. I guess a lot of accident happen there. To be honest it should not be a two way stop light.

Seriously have never been more afraid in my whole life. I thought I killed a man and would be going to jail. Now, given the situation the worst part was calling my mom and telling her what happen. I had been really brave mainly in shock and had not cried once! Until it was time to call mom. I still remember the feeling of utter dread trying to say the words "I got into an accident." I could feel my emotions catching up and knew  the water works were coming...

A time I was afraid....

On a lighter note due to my lack of money flow I had NOT renewed my License at the time so the very nice cop had to drive the car to remove it from traffic. I had to sit in back and wait for someone with a license to get the car. So embarrassing!!!

Things I learned
No you will not go to jail.
Yes you need to have an update license
Check double check and triple CHECK all intersection before turning left
If you Do ride a Motorcycle Please be cool and wear a helmet!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment