Monday, September 30, 2013

Pilly

Last Day! A photo of something old. Maybe something that has personal history for you, that was passed down to you, and that has special meaning to you. Tell us about it and why it's special.

I am pleased to announce I completed this challenge and although some where after midnight I still got a post out everyday of the week :) I am actually Sad to see this challenge end I really enjoyed each day writing and posting. I have come up with some new ideas to keep me writing so hopefully I can get this thing up and kicking on its own.





This is my childhood Pillow Case also known as Pilly. As you can see this thing is OLD A little Dirty. See I was a thumb sucker For a long, Long, LONG, time and therefore to help sooth my thumb sucking I had to have a soft  texture to rub against my face and or hands. I used to have a big old bed sheet that did the trick. However, my mom thought it would be a great idea to cut her up into squares. She was afraid I would choke. Therefore as she was split up and I took her everything I ended up losing her somewhere. It was very sad.
Now, after the loss I needed something new to help me sleep. Thus came Pilly the pillow/case. I had the same pillow and the same case for over ten years! This thing used to be white with flowers. Yeah, this is what time does/traveling. Pilly has gone everywhere with me. Sleepovers, CA, FL, Vermont. To the ONE Boy friend’s house, and even to college. 
Her travels have really taking a hit on her. It’s very sad. One night she got a very large Rip it was horrible still remember the sound. Then in an attempt to De-wrinkle her I ironed her. That was the worst Choice ever. I burned her really bad I cried for an hour. 
Now do to intense anxiety of losing her and or hurting her even more she stays safe in another pillow case.
I love this Raggidy old thing and I believe I will keep Pilly forever.

2 comments:

  1. That is so sweet. It is nice to have things such as these to comfort us. I'm glad you didn't lose her in your attempt to preserve her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for stopping by. I have had a few close calls in losing her. Pilly used to never have a sex some how it became a her. It got to a point where I just stopped taken it with me to sleepover too much anxiety over losing it. It is nice when I am home relaxing and be able to still cuddle with.
    PS checking out your blog Now! :)

    ReplyDelete