Monday, September 9, 2013

Introverted. Intuition. Feeling. Judging.

Monday, September 9: Take this short personality test and respond to your results.
 "INFJs- are there for the cause, not for personal glory or political power."

I care about others first and me last. I try to put my heart and soul into everything.
After reading over the definition of INFJ I can't help but laugh at how true these results are.

"Rescuing those who are in acute distress."  If you are locked out I will come to in the middle of the night. Trapped in Boston at 1 in the morning. Don't worry I don't need sleep for tomorrows events... Yes I will drive an hour and 20 minutes to save you from sleeping on a bench. Side note (My bf was visiting his sister. He came back with me thankfully for the drive home. Maybe a little bit of personal gain :)

"Accurately suspicious about others' motives," and Selective with my friends. Its weird and true in every interaction I have with people I meet. Particularly men I find myself questioning their behavior and motives. I can honestly say I have few friends with a smile on my face. I do not need 100 friends to be happy. I stick to a small deeply connected group of friends. I have always had difficultly in making and forming relationships with people. I am a bit guarded. When I meet a person and we click right away I try top hold onto that friendship. This tweet from Chelsea Kane pretty much defines my way of friendships. "Friendship is weird. You pick a human you've met and you're like, "Yep, I like this one" and you just do stuff with them."

I must say these results are pretty accurate. Although, I hate to admit I am judging, the results seems to fit. 
I found it most fascinating when INFJs are outgoing and take genuine interest in other it can be mistaken for extroverts. I for one really care about others. I love knowing what is happening with friends and family and try my best to be supportive. I do agree that although I love to stay up to date with people I am very selective with whom I share my own deepest thoughts and emotions. I find at time I do hide from other my inner feelings and only in times of great need do I confide in that one person.

Lastly,  I do find myself shutting down occasionally from the outside world. I reach this point typically once a week where I need a night or even a day to myself where I shut down and pretty much ignore my surroundings. Its a really interesting state I reach. I feel after much socializing my brain just needs a chance to relax this is typically when I turn to blogging or writing. Sometimes I just need to rebuild.

I really enjoyed this topic and researching the truth behind my behavior, actions, and thoughts. 


No comments:

Post a Comment